High Spirits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluff Avenue Poker (originally by AndersE)

Go down

Bluff Avenue Poker (originally by AndersE) Empty Bluff Avenue Poker (originally by AndersE)

Post by offdutytrip Sun May 11, 2014 10:06 pm

We normally play poker on MC (bullfrog) but today I came across a much better free & fast site for us who wants to play against eachother. On MC we can't set up a private game so we would never get 6 or more players in the same tournament, and we are also getting a bunch of idiots (fishes) on the MC tables who are destroying the game :mrgreen:

On this new site we get tournaments just like they have on the real money poker sites. And there are a lot of options like how fast blinds should be increased, how much chips we should start with etc. We can also start the tournaments when we want so it can be done with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,8.....or how many players you like. You can also set a time for when the tournament should start, i.e tomorrow 8PM could be a start time, where you can log in to our group on the site and enter the tournament a day before or just a minute before or whatever you wish. And the tournament would start automatically at 8PM. Even if you would miss the first 20-30 minutes you could connect later and still finish the tournament. Same applies if you lose connection or just need to pop out for a little while during the game, you can reconnect and get back to the game (only losing your blinds when you are gone) as normal. This site simply has awesome features which bullfrog poker isn't close of having. We played two tournaments today with 6 and 9 players and I think we all enjoyed them.

So here is how you do:

1. Enter http://www.bluffave.com

You only need to provide your name and your email to sign up.

2. Join a group called "Team HS"
This is our group where the tournaments/games will be put up when they get available. One of us admins will then just simply approve the signup.

3. Ready to go Smile

Additional thoughts:

We could decide that everyone starting with 10 000 in chips on their bankroll, and also that all tourneys will have a buy in on exactly 100. If we would keep it this way and not purchasing more chips or playing with like 2000 in buy in, we would get a leaderboard in there with our bankroll chip counts, which might be fun to have and see how we are doing. This is only a suggestion tho and requires that everyone would want it, I also realise it doesn't need to be competitive so it's completely up to the people.

When starting a tourney, it is best to choose a "turbo" variant for the "Blinds". With turbo the blinds will increase every 3 minutes, otherwise every 6 minutes. It took us 76 minutes to finish a tournament with the "Standard" 6 minute blind structure (9 players in), so I recommend the turbo if you want to complete it faster.

offdutytrip

Back to top Go down

Bluff Avenue Poker (originally by AndersE) Empty Re: Bluff Avenue Poker (originally by AndersE)

Post by offdutytrip Sun May 11, 2014 10:53 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D1-hc_Ko6r_iBdS0bZRDbg5BfE2F44ZXkWWGE9KtuPQ/edit?usp=sharing

Page 1 has a list of tournaments
Page 2 has a list of players, with some stats

offdutytrip

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum